Friday, October 8, 2010

Name...

Name, is a somethin people calls you... No doubt, a name is a noun... But for some I-dunno-what-reasons, there are many people are confused by picking a name, to be called instead of their real name. Now this bothers me...

A few days ago, my friend is asked by another friend whether he has an English name or not. So my friend answers "no, I don't need any, I'm proud of my name" which is an Indian name... So this guy who asked bout the name thingy told us that if we didn't have any English names, we are outdated (WTF?!) How could a person be outdated if we don't have any english name?! its ridiculously ridiculous... so, the answer given is, "It's the trend nowadays to have an english name!" *facepalm*...

So, most of the people following this trend is Chinese,(I'm not a racist, this is fact). They will 'put' an English name infront of their Chinese one... example: Anthony Chia Sai Song... No, I'm not referring to those people who had their English name written on their IC one... I'm referring to those people who don't have any English name, but wants an English name... AND THE SAD PART IS, their name KEEPS CHANGING!! from Alex to Bruce to Calvin to Derrick to Edwin to Fred to George and the alphabet changes continues...

As I said above, a name is a noun. But, not every noun is a name. Very often I see people with stupid "names" such as Rain, Cloud, Apple, Orange, Biscuit,  and many more... If you people likes to be called fruits so much, why don't you guys name yourself Durian, or mangosteen? those are kings n queens of fruit, LOL! 
And for some people which name is based on food, why don't you just put "curry mee" or "spaghetti" or "Tortilla"? well, maybe there are people with these names, lol...

Whats wrong with Chinese name? its actually kinda cool. Seriously I do want a Chinese name for myself sometimes, but what's the use for me, lol... Chinese names are cool because is made out of three "parts"
e.g: Wong Eng Keong... So, the probability of having the same name is little compared to English name... Let's say if one day you are quite famous, then your name stated in everywhere is Anthony Wong... there's lotsa Anthony Wong out there, which one?!! and without you noticing it, British had invaded you once again.

The BIG question is: why you need an English name? You don't like your real name? why hide your name? C'mon folks, be original, don't disappoint your parents who squeezed their brain like hell thinking the best name for you. Don't break their heart,(emo siket) I don't think its necessary to have an English name(or any ridiculous English noun), each of your name kicks ass... and stop naming stoopid names (or noun) that people will seriously laugh their big ass off...

Don't tell me that its a nickname. Nicknames are what people calls you, not what you choose for people to call you...>xP

Most of you guys will sure be pissed with me for writing this. But, try to think of it...
It's either you waste your time being pissed at me with your crappy name that people would laugh,
or quit tryna act cool with your nouns as your names which is not... hehehehehehehe...

No comments: